Alec John Such is an American musician, best known as the former bassist for the rock band Bon Jovi. He was a member of Bon Jovi from 1983 to 1994, and has since been active as a solo artist and session musician.
Here are 10 things you might not know about Alec John Such:
1. He was born in Bayonne, New Jersey, on November 4, 1962.
2. His father, John Such, was a successful businessman who owned a string of car dealerships in New Jersey.
3. Alec’s mother, Gloria Such, was a homemaker and housewife.
4. He has two older sisters, Susan and Lisa.
5. Alec is of Italian and German descent.
6. He was raised Catholic and attended Catholic schools growing up.
7. Alec began playing the bass guitar at the age of 14.
8. He met Jon Bon Jovi in 1982 while both were attending Sayreville War Memorial High School in Sayreville, New Jersey.
9. Alec joined Bon Jovi in 1983, just prior to the release of the band’s self-titled debut album.
10. He appeared on all of Bon Jovi’s studio albums from 1984 to 1994, including such classics as “Slippery When Wet” and “Keep the Faith.”