Jim Seals is one of the most popular and well-known American musicians. He is best known as a member of the duo Seals & Crofts, which had several hits in the 1970s, including “Summer Breeze” and “Diamond Girl.” However, there is much more to Jim Seals than his musical career. Here are 10 things you might not know about him:
1. He was born in Sidney, Texas, but grew up in California.
2. His full name is James Edward Seals.
3. He met his musical partner Dash Crofts while they were both attending college in Texas.
4. They first started performing together as a folk music duo called The Champs.
5. They later changed their name to Seals & Crofts and began making records for the Warner Bros. label.
6. Their best-known song is “Summer Breeze,” which was released in 1972 and reached number six on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
7. They also had another hit with “Diamond Girl,” which peaked at number four on the same chart.
8. In addition to his work with Seals & Crofts, Jim Seals has also released several solo albums and collaborated with other artists, including country singer Tammy Wynette.
9. He has been married three times and has four children.
10. He currently resides in Nashville, Tennessee.