Ray Liotta has had an impressive career in Hollywood, appearing in some great films.
1. Liotta was considered for the role of Tony Montana in Scarface (1983). However, director Brian De Palma decided to cast Al Pacino instead.
2. The actor turned down the lead role in Goodfellas (1990). He later regretted his decision, saying it was “the biggest mistake” of his career.
3. Liotta is known for his intense on-screen stare. In an interview, he revealed that he learned this trick from watching Robert De Niro movies.
4. The actor is a huge fan of the New York Yankees. He even has a tattoo of the team’s logo on his arm.
5. Liotta’s estranged father was a convicted drug dealer. The two men had a falling out when the actor was just a child.
6. In 2006, Liotta underwent successful surgery to remove a brain tumor.
7. The actor is fluent in Italian. He often speaks the language in movies and on television.
8. Liotta has been married twice. His first marriage ended in divorce after just two years.
9. In 2015, Liotta starred in the movie Sicario: Day of the Soldado (2018). The film was a box office hit, grossing over $100 million worldwide.
10. Liotta will next be seen in Martin Scorsese’s upcoming film The Irishman (2019). The movie also stars Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, and Joe Pesci.