Matt Smith has been an integral part of the Doctor Who universe for over a decade. While his time on the show may have come to an end, he leaves behind a legacy as one of the greatest Doctors ever. Here are some lesser known facts about Matt Smith that all Whovians should know:
- Matt was 26 years old when he took on the role of the Eleventh Doctor, making him the youngest actor ever to play the part.
- Matt was a fan of Doctor Who long before he stepped into his iconic bowtie and tweed jacket as the beloved Time Lord.
- He has been both an actor and a director in some incredible films, such as Christopher Nolan’s The Prestige and Alfonso Cuaron’s Gravity.
- During his time on Doctor Who, Matt won the National Television Award for Outstanding Drama Performance three times in a row, from 2011 to 2013.
- He was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 2014 for services to drama.
- Most people know him as the Eleventh Doctor, but Matt has also appeared in other Doctor Who related projects such as the special audio drama “The Five Doctors Rebooted” and acast mini-episode entitled “Death Is The Only Answer.”
- In addition to his acting career, Matt is an avid musician and plays both guitar and drums.
- Matt voiced the character of Gollum in a special theatrical production of The Hobbit.
- He has also made appearances on a wide range of TV shows, such as BBC’s Sherlock and The Royals.
- Matt left behind an incredible legacy with his portrayal of the Doctor, and he will forever be remembered for his iconic catchphrase “Geronimo!”
Matt Smith is undoubtedly one of the most popular actors to ever grace the Doctor Who universe. His unique take on the character has captivated fans for many years and his legacy will continue to live on. He is an incredible actor and a truly remarkable talent who will be fondly remembered by Whovians for generations to come.