LGBT people have been hidden in the shadows for too long. It’s time to bring them out into the light and learn more about them. Here are the top 10 secrets about LGBT people that you need to know.
1. They’re just like everyone else – LGBT people are just like everyone else, except for who they love. They want the same things in life – to be happy, to be safe, and to be treated with respect.
2. They’re everywhere – There are LGBT people in every country, city, and town across the globe. You probably know someone who is LGBT, even if you don’t realize it.
3. They’re not all gay – While many LGBT people identify as gay or lesbian, there are also bisexual and transgender people in the community.
4. They’re not all white – The LGBT community is incredibly diverse, with people of all races, ethnicities, and religions represented.
5. They’re not all wealthy – Contrary to popular belief, not all LGBT people are rich or famous. In fact, many struggle with the same financial challenges as everyone else.
6. They’re not all flamboyant – While some LGBT people do dress and act in a more flamboyant manner, others prefer to blend in with the crowd. There is no one way to be gay or lesbian.
7. They’re not all city dwellers – While it’s true that many LGBT people live in big cities, there are also rural and small-town LGBT communities all over the world.
8. They’re not all single – While it’s often assumed that all LGBT people are single, many are actually in committed relationships. In fact, same-sex marriage is now legal in many countries.
9. They’re not all childless – While it’s true that some LGBT people don’t have children, others do. In fact, there are many families with two moms or two dads.
10. They’re not going away – The LGBT community is here to stay. We are your friends, your neighbors, and your family members. We are everyone you know and love. We are part of the fabric of society, and we’re not going anywhere.