Bruce Willis has been a well-loved fixture in Hollywood for decades. His amazing performances, wit, charm, and charisma have endeared him to countless fans around the world. Here are some lesser-known facts about Bruce Willis that most people don’t know:
1. Bruce Willis is dyslexic and struggled with learning in his younger years. He credits his mother with helping him overcome this difficulty and inspiring him to pursue a career as an actor.
2. Bruce was a private investigator before starting his acting career, working undercover on criminal cases such as insurance frauds, divorce cases, and missing person investigations.
3. Bruce won two Emmy Awards for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series – one for Moonlighting (1985) and one for the science fiction drama series, The Twilight Zone (2002).
4. Bruce has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame that was presented to him in 2006.
5. Bruce is an avid poker player and holds over six World Series of Poker tournament cashes to his name.
6. Bruce had three simultaneous films at number one in July 2000; Disney’s The Kid, Unbreakable, and Lucky Numbers.
7. Bruce was awarded an honorary doctorate degree from Montclair State University in May 2009 for his contributions to the film industry but also for the charitable work he does with children’s hospitals and other organizations that aid underprivileged youths.
8. Bruce has a passion for motorcycles and owns an extensive collection, including several Harley-Davidson models.
9. Bruce has released two studio albums, The Return of Bruno (1987) and If It Doesn’t Kill Me (1989).
10. Bruce is the co-owner of the Planet Hollywood brand along with Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Demi Moore. Bruce also donates a portion of his profits from the restaurant chain to charity organizations that help underprivileged children.
These are just a few of Bruce Willis’ lesser-known secrets – he’s definitely more than meets the eye!