Alan Rickman was an iconic British actor, and as such, he has plenty of secrets that many people may not know. Here are the top 10 secrets about Alan Rickman:
1. Alan Rickman initially wanted to become a graphic designer before he pursued acting.
2. Alan Rickman received his first Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor in 1991 for “Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves”.
3. Alan Rickman wrote music lyrics for two albums during his lifetime, including one of his own songs called “It Was A Very Good Year” which was featured on the soundtrack for the movie “Sense and Sensibility”.
4. Alan Rickman was a passionate supporter of animal rights causes, having donated to various charities throughout his lifetime.
5. Alan Rickman was an avid reader, owning over 6,000 books by the time of his death in 2016.
6. Alan Rickman had a great sense of humor and often joked about being typecast as villain during interviews.
7. Alan Rickman was a supporter of the British Labour Party and also campaigned against poverty in Africa alongside Bono and Bob Geldof.
8. Alan Rickman was among the youngest to be awarded an honorary doctorate from the Royal Scottish Academy of Music & Drama (now known as the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland).
9. Alan Rickman was a talented photographer who often took pictures on set during filming.
10. Alan Rickman was a celebrated actor who won numerous awards for his roles in films including “Harry Potter”, “Love Actually”, and “Die Hard”.
These are the top 10 secrets about Alan Rickman that many people may not know! He was a talented man with an amazing career that will be remembered for years.