Volleyball is a sport that many people enjoy. It is a great way to stay active and have fun. Here are 10 facts about volleyball that you may not know:
1. Volleyball was invented in 1895 by William G. Morgan.
2. The first official volleyball game was played in 1896.
3. Volleyball is an Olympic sport. It was first played in the Olympics in 1964.
4. There are two types of volleyballs: indoor and beach.
5. Indoor volleyball is played on a hard court with a net that is 7 feet tall (2 meters).
6. Beach volleyball is played on a sand court with a net that is 8 feet tall (2.4 meters).
7. Volleyball is a team sport. Each team has six players.
8. The object of the game is to hit the ball over the net and onto the other team’s court. The other team must then return the ball.
9. A point is scored when the ball hits the ground on the other team’s court, or if the other team makes a mistake such as hitting the ball out of bounds.
10. Volleyball is a fun sport that can be played by people of all ages!
We hope you enjoyed these 10 facts about volleyball. For more information on the sport, be sure to check out our website. Thanks for reading!